Sunday, August 19, 2012

The End of our First Move to Alabama

When school ended on May 23rd, Gregg's new job still hadn't started.  He would be working for a new grocery store chain - which couldn't start until the chain was bought by the people who hired him.  As with all real estate and business purchases, there were unexpected delays so we made the decision to return to CT and help Gregg finish up the house until it all worked out.  This meant that we would have to lose the contract on the house we had chosen, they didn't want to wait an unspecified amount of time for the business deal to close, so we'd have to look again when we got back...


Gregg drove with the three younger kids back home, but before I could get back to CT, I had to get Kathryn on a plane to EFY.   We had planned this earlier and she flew out of Birmingham.  It was so hard for me to watch her walk down that jetway without me!  I stayed and took a picture of her plane taking off.  Then I had a couple of hours in the airport while I waited for my flight.  Kat loved EFY and it all turned out ok, but this was a sad day for me!



Back home, lots of progress had been made.  New garage doors, rock wall fixed in back, sheet rock and paint done in front room, bathroom ready for new fixtures, I don't have pictures of much now, but will get them soon.  I spent the summer painting, cleaning, fixing the front yard - very busy.  It was so good to see everyone again - felt weird to be in limbo, but it was good to be there.







New bathroom and laudry room combined - the space is so much better than it was!  Beautiful!



This home was so good to us.  I didn't appreciate it as much as I should have.  We will miss it and cherish the memories we have of our time there.

1 comment:

  1. Both humid, but summer in CT should be a tad bit easier than a summer in 'Bama! Would love to see that old kitchen and bathroom. That house always was welcoming to us...and the view!! WOW...

    ReplyDelete