Sunday, August 19, 2012

Remodel

These are some before and during photos of the house - I'll try to post before next to after sometime.  Not sure what photos I took.  I'll have to get in touch with Doris and others to get more.  It should go on the market this week - then I'll have after photos from the realtor too.
This is the bathroom downstairs.  The house was built in 1898 and only has one bathroom in the living areas, but Gary and Doris had added one in the basement when they lived here.  We decided to make it nicer and more usable so that we would have something to use while we tore out the upstairs one - and hopefully it will also feel more like a two bath house with this addition...




More basement mess.  It took so long to clean out this basement - this photo is actually after the first clean up and is so much cleaner than it was - but obviously more work to do still.



Sheet rock up in that basement bathroom

 Kitchen before anything was done



Dining room pre-remodel as well - note the paint stripes on the walls that I did years ago and never liked the colors or had the heart to figure it out and finish...


Front room with wainscotting, we removed the door on the left.  It went into a small laundry room which we opened up and included in the bigger bathroom.  Also removed window (it opened into the mudroom which was pretty useless). 




More of front room

 
This is the small laundry that I mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment