Saturday, January 2, 2010

Live Nativity - December updates

Our Ward (congregation) revived an old tradition this year - we held a live nativity a couple of weeks before Christmas. One of our dear former bishops (Bishop Jim Puida) had the idea several years ago and we were able to enjoy it annually under his stewardship back then.


It was a lot of work to put it together again and added some busy nights to our already full December schedule, but what a sweet experience to sit with my kids and listen to the Christmas story while bundled up in snow clothes and shepherd's robes.


I didn't get many photos the night we participated as a family. However, the next night, Rebecca begged to be a shepherd again, so I dressed her up and out she went and since I wasn't dressed up, I got to take some photos - so sweet!

What do you think? Shepherd or ANGEL?

Inside the building, the activities committee had hot chocolate to warm up actors and visitors. We also set up nativities for everyone to enjoy.Members of our congregation lent all different creche sets for display, People brought some large, some small,
Some for kids, some delicate,



Some were newer,

Some wooden, some glazed,

They were realistic and fantastical

Some were crafty, some elegant

Glass, crystal, for play or displayMomentos from honeymoons (the blue and white set of ours),

and souvenirs from all over the world
Ornaments, keepsakes, simple and ornate,
white, painted,



even stuffed,




Almost anything you could think of. . .


The whole experience was so beautiful and inspiring - a touching reminder of what it's all about.
We plan on doing it all again next year - so come see it if you are close by!

My Aunt Nikki was in town for the few days preceding this. She helped set up the creches and witnessed our pre-Christmas chaos first hand. I don't have any photos of her while she was here, but she took some of us, maybe I can steal them from her. We sure loved having her here with us and hope it won't take us six more years to see her again. THANKS FOR YOUR HELP AUNT NIKKI!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment