Wednesday, January 13, 2010

January's Project

Let's see if I can get this done - I want to paint the bookshelves and the whole room (room by the bookshelves, living room, and computer area) before January is over. I started this project before Christmas 08 - but had trouble with the paint, it all peeled off the walls after three good days of painting. I gave up and haven't tried to tackle it again until now. Good luck to me!
Before photos below - Tuesday, Jan 12, 2010
Ok, now after two days of washing, sanding, dust and fumes and distractions (I can't believe the scattered nature of my brain, my life, my surroundings, my moments . . . it's all too evident when I try to focus my efforts on something like this)

Yes, our air conditioneer is still there - I try to cover it up with the curtains (see photos above) usually. Gary (Gregg's dad) is going to help me take it out and put it away tommorrow. It's HUGE!!! Gregg and Gary usually get together to take it out in September -

Only the first part done - and just one coat of primer, Gregg says it needs two. I still have to sand and wash the rest of it, prime all that (twice) and then paint a couple of coats - ah well, c'est la vie - and jya yo (literally translated from Mandarin "add oil" - means to keep at it, keep trying - move forward) as my friends in other parts of the world would say.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you posted this and are committing yourself by letting others see. You can do it. And I think resolutions still count even if they take over a year to accomplish! You can do it!!!!

    ReplyDelete