Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sooo Lovey-Dovey (as Laina would say)

Gregg and I had the chance to spend a night at the Woodstock Inn in VT while he was working. I love Vermont! It was beautiful.
The room at the Inn was incredible! Real working fireplace, old books on the bookshelf, natural homemade lemongrass scented soaps. Breakfast room service was wonderful - Steel cut oats with real maple syrup, yogurt parfait with berries and granola, grapefruit.
See the green and white blanket on the bottom of the bed? I loved it! So pretty and it kept my toes warm all night!! I went to the hotel gift shop in the morning to buy it, but apparently, Merino Wool throws are so far out of my budget that I will never have one, oh well . . . I will however buy a photo like the one above the fireplace someday.
The best part of course was having Gregg all to myself on the lovely drive there, all night long :) and the whole ride home - just the two of us. Ahhhh, the comfort that gives me. . . While Gregg went to his meeting in the morning, I spent the day in Woodstock with his counterpart's wife Alyssa. The town is so nice, lots of shops, but more than that - just very New England. White Churches, wooden bridges, farmers markets and farms. I had lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment