Still, my heart is grateful and I'll have fun choosing something from our decorations to keep up all year. It's ususally something small that only I notice - but it helps me remember and Honor Christmas all year!!!
My favorite - our Willow Tree nativity - I love how Mary is cradling Jesus and I love the shepherds. The original set comes with one shepherd and sheep - I love that they came with haste to see the things the angels told them to find.
The rest are very out of order photos - but here are the Merry Christmas happenings we enjoyed this year:
Christmas Eve dinner with Grammy and Grandpa and neighbor, Debbie - Cornish game hens :)
Sisters, sisters, there were never such devoted sisters :)
Alaina and Rebecca on the last day of school before the break - Christmas Eve Eve
Playing in our snow two days after Christmas. It was a blizzard, but we only got about six inches. The blizzard part was the wind which was wicked and made lots of deep drifts and dry patches of ground too . . . The kids loved it after the wind stopped and they got to go play in it.


Snow fortress and the grass at the back of the garage.
The wind blew up our back yard most of the two days before, so lots of snow ended up in our front yard and driveway - fun for Gregg.
Emory and Alaina at their piano recital - about two weeks before Christmas - she had fun and Chiara, her teacher, made it beautiful! Flowers and fancy programs and fun food and even a Family Home Evening lesson . . .
Waiting to come downstairs on Christmas morning - they are so good!

Kathryn didn't ask for much - but this was one of the things she wanted. She also got a phone this year - I can't believe she's so 12!
This is Alaina's big gift - a sewing machine. She's been sewing up a storm with it.

Garrett's iPod :)


Lucy's bed - Alaina's Samantha and Nellie got bunkbeds too and the girls (Kat and Kit included)got two chests to put all the dolls clothes and accessories in.
They played the piano and sang Christmas songs to wake us up :)
Alaina checks everything out -
Garrett's iPod :)
Rebecca's new doll -
she named her Lucy and still holds her and puts her jammies on every night and clothes on every morning.
Lucy's bed - Alaina's Samantha and Nellie got bunkbeds too and the girls (Kat and Kit included)got two chests to put all the dolls clothes and accessories in.
I love this post! Your stockings are amazing and you phrased perfectly what I feel. Why is it we can't keep reminders of Christmas up all year? Love your willow tree nativity, too! Your family is beautiful! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteDid you make those stockings? They are darling! I like seeing your nativity sets. Remember how Laurell had such a fun collection of nativities? I try to add at least one to our home each year, and it is neat to see our own collection grow. Hope you are enjoying the new year!
ReplyDeleteFun, fun photos! Ticket to Ride Europe?! Gotta have it! Where did you get it?
ReplyDelete