Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Alaina's Sewing Up a Storm!

In all our stormy-mess Alaina has been keeping herself busy. She's made three pillows (done before the new year actually), three pillow cases, and two blankets for the dolls in our house. She's working on a dress and another blanket too. She's amazing! Making the pillows

The paper under the pillows was a genius idea from our friend Wendy Tibbitts - it was a practice sheet for Laina - we did a couple of pages of straight lines for her to follow on the machine without thread and one squiggly line page - it got her used to the machine pretty quickly.

She wanted to put a heart on this blanket - so she pinned a heart shape and followed the pins as she sewed it on.



Pillow inside it's case.



Pillows and one blanket inside the doll beds. I need to get some foam so she can make them mattresses, they are sleeping right on the wood for now.
funny how it seems mean to make them sleep on hard beds . . .
I never did like dolls - they're just too real looking and that makes them a little too demanding doesn't it?

3 comments:

  1. you are inspiring me. I think I need to let mary have a whirl sewing...she would love it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute and sew fun. Too bad my girls have me for their sewing example!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one talented little peep! I can't believe all of your snow!!! It may be more fun to look at on my end...for once, i might be grateful for Houston weather. However, I'll deny it if you quote me :)

    ReplyDelete