Tuesday, May 18, 2010

It's Mother's Day Again

YEA!!!! Thanks to our friend Debbie Stango who had a friend that needed to get rid of her piano, we now have one!!!! It needs a little TLC but I love it!
It wasn't really a Mother's Day present, but Darling Husband spent some of his precious time and sweat for me to get it here and I'm so grateful!!! The kids play it and I love the sound and I think it's charming.
I would love to get it refinished one day . . . It's a 1918 Becker Brother's Piano from New York.
The roses are BEAUTIFUL!! Mother's Day present from Gregg and the kids.

Notice the painted wall and bookshelves - no doors yet on the bottom, still working on that January project :)

A rose from the bouquet and the beautiful juice that was part of my fancy Mother's Day breakfast! Thanks everyone!


2 comments:

  1. Good job painting! I didn't know you got a piano! How exciting! Our piano is over 100 years old and I absolutely love it and I wouldn't exchange it for a new one. I do want to fix the middle c though.

    ReplyDelete