"No, you can't make me, I won't go!" EVERY Tuesday in April and May, Alaina would go rounds with me over her dance class. Painful!!!!! Funny thing was, I didn't want to go to dance either, but after almost a year I wanted her to finish what we started. So, "Just a few more weeks Laina and we won't do it again next year, I promise."
Back in the fall she BEGGED me to let her take dance like her friends Sadie and Tessa. I really didn't want to go there - so much time and money . . . but she enjoyed it through most of the year. Then the class stopped having 'free dance' time and practices got more serious as crunch time for recital time was upon them. Laina was pulled out of class once and mildly reprimanded for talking and giggling when she should have been listening . . .
Then it was time for the dress rehersal, I got the costume ready (forgot the hat) and away we went! Make-up, stage, lights, pretty clothes - she was in heaven!! When it was over she told me she wanted to stay in dance until she got her 15 year trophy! Ugh!!! Anyway - the next day at the real performance she was beautiful and performed marvelously! We'll see what happens next year - soccer maybe?



No comments:
Post a Comment