Friday, August 19, 2011

Music and the Spoken Word

One of the highlights of our trip to Utah was Music and the Spoken Work with the Tabernacle Choir. Kathryn, Alaina and I went the day before the fourth of July and it was spectacular. After the broadcast, we walked around temple grounds and went into the Tabernacle where they ususally perform. Music and the Spoken Word is a radio/TV broadcast that features songs by the choir and a short sermon or spiritual thought mixed in. It is usually performed and taped here in the old Tabernacle, but during the summer months there are too many visitiors to fit in the Tabernacle so it is held in the new Conference center which is much bigger.

I'd like to go sometime when it is here in the Tabernacle - it would be cozy and accoustically amazing I'm sure!


This is the choir in the Conference center singing the closing hymn - God be with you till we meet again. It is always sung at the end of the broadcast. It was so good! So patriotic - being so close to the fourth of July, spiritual, fun, free :) Just a great way to spend a Sunday morning. Pres. Uctdorf was there in attendance - the girls loved that. Their favorite song that morning was "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy" I just loved the spirit we felt while being there.



No comments:

Post a Comment