Monday, December 6, 2010

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

I love finding our tree! It was cold, dry, perfect weather for it - just a few snowflake flurries, beautiful trees and everyone old enough to walk and have an opinion about which tree, and help with cutting and getting it on the car - so fun!!!


I begged and got them all to stand together for a minute - so cute, wish we could see Becca's eyes . . . oh well, at least Garrett is in focus.




It didn't take very long this time - in spite of everyone having an opinion - eventually we all agreed on a beautiful tree and Gregg cut it down.
Have I ever mentioned that I love him? One year awhile back, he was out of town and Gary was gone too so Doris and I went to get our Christmas tree together. It wasn't hard to cut it down, or even bring it home - but it just wasn't the same without him.
I'm so grateful for all the things he does, big and little to keep our family safe, happy, filled, warm, loved, and strong.


Gregg and Garrett carried it to the car -
I should just name Garrett 'the blur.'


I think this year we also set a speed record at getting it inside and set up! We'll decorate tomorrow - but at least it's all lit up :)




Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Love fresh trees!!! That's one of the things I miss most about living in the Northwest....mmmm....I can still smell 'em! It's a beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete