Angels Sing!! for the second year in a row now, our ward put on a live natitvity on the lawn in front of the church -
I think it's beautiful! With all it's imperfections, stress for the people planning it, shepherds fighting with their crooks and rolling down hills, angels running back and forth behind the stable to get warm, crossing of fingers for people to show up and be wise men and sheperds and Mary and Joseph,
it's still a boost to my spirit, full of warmth and a great way to ring in Christmas!
This is the staging room. Alaina loved being an angel! There were three nights and we didn't have all the acting slots filled, so my kids got lucky and were in it all three nights -
they were thrilled, Gregg and I were dreading the exhaustion that was sure to follow . . . Gregg was signed up for one night, but ended up talking to visitors instead. I got to be an angel for a short time, but spent most of my time trying to help with other things.
Kneeling at the manger. Becca is the little one in front, on her right in brown.
This was the first night, they all knelt right around the manger - very sweet, but very crowded. They were coached later on to stand back so people from the road could see better -
Rebecca is an angel, Alaina is a shepherd with a head band but no head covering :)
And Grandpa is the wiseman behind her.
Kat, Garrett, and Becca again - Joseph is our fun friend Brandon, they moved into the ward recently - we love having their family here! They have kids that are so fun, great ages to match with ours, and the family as a whole has been so helpful to the ward - thanks guys!
Ah, the memories! You are so smart to do it this far in advance of Christmas. Remember when that was the way we spent Christmas Eve?
ReplyDeleteYes!! I didn't much like the Christmas Eve part of it - nice I guess, but we always had to cut our family stuff short. I'm glad we've revived it though. Wish you were here Ruth!
ReplyDelete