Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dance 2010

Remember last year how Alaina and I fought about going to dance every week and we decided we wouldn't do it again. I think I said soccer maybe? Well - as I wrote last year, after being on stage, Alaina decided she LOVED dance and wanted to stay in dance until she gets her 15 year trophy!!! I didn't think we'd even make it to her second year, but she was pretty convincing - so here we go again!Pre-recital nerves. She was really nervous. She chose to be in tap this year and the recital ended up being at the Bushnell in Hartford. This is a big deal - the Bushnell is a real theater where major productions take place. The stage they usually use at UCONN was getting re-furnished so the studio had to find an alternate location for this year. Once on stage - her nerves seemed to vanish - she was great!
Dancing away - she remembered so much more of the steps this year than last :)

Sadie (our good friend) was in Alaina's class with her. Here they are waiting for their turn.


Good friends, good times - next year - ballet :)
Side note - this was actually just the dress rehersal - unfortunately Alaina's class had their recital on Sunday so Alaina wasn't able to be in it. Thankfully, she didn't seem to mind much, and knows that Sunday is more important than this. Also the dress recital was still amazing - up on stage with lights and make-up and all, it was almost as good as the real thing.









No comments:

Post a Comment